ISBN Barcode Generator: FREE Tool for Publishing
Get it for FREE here:
Welcome to this barcode software to add the specific ISBN code to a barcode image that you can then use in your book cover. Not everyone uses a generated barcode in their book, but it can be useful if you want to show up as the publisher when you are publishing your book.
But if you want to include your own different ISBN from what Amazon gives you, you will need to provide your own image format to your book cover designer. Follow the instructions below to get the template that you need for your specific book.
Barcode Pricing Instructions
Below I've added instructions for different pricing scenarios, including each option's advantages and disadvantages, as well as some guidance on when to use which.
Barcode Without Price
If you're not looking to include your books's retail price with your barcode, simply enter your International Standard Book Number (ISBN) above and leave the price box empty.
Choose this option if:
- You expect to make most of your sales online (via online vendors or your own website)
- If you sell your books yourself directly to a buyer (trade shows, book fairs, events)
- You can change the price of your book any time without having to change your cover
- Barcode takes up less space on your backcover
- A book without a price or price placeholder (see below) can't be sold in traditional bookstores
Barcode With Price Placeholder
If you're looking to offer your books in bookstores, you will need to include a Bookland EAN, which is the extra barcode next to the main barcode.
Here, I've added two options:
- Barcode with a price placeholder
- Barcode with an actual price
Choose placeholder option if:
- You are planning to sell your book in physical bookstores, but don't want to commit to a set price
- You don't have to commit to a book price
- Buyers in the store won't know your book's price
- Enter 90000 in the Barcode Generator's price field
NOTE: Retailers scan the barcode but often pull the price information from their own database, since pricing is up to them. So displaying an actual price is less important.
Barcode With an Actual Price
This option will embed a set price into your barcode.
Choose price option if:
- You are planning to sell your book in physical bookstores, and already know what price you want to charge for it
- Buyers in the store will be able to see the price of your book right away
- You have to commit to a certain book price, or you may have to update your cover based on your pricing
Depending on your country, be sure to use the following codes to ensure you are encoding the correct currency.
(By default, a price entered without a preceding country code will be displayed in US$)
|How to Enter Price (Example Price = 6.99)
|How it Will Be Displayed
|50699 or 6.99
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few additional questions I've received since launching this barcode software.
Can this barcode generator also create a QR code?
No, this generator only includes barcodes, but you can see our QR code generator as a completely separate tool that we recommend.
Is this barcode generator free?
Yes, this barcode generator is completely free for authors to use. Enjoy!
For more about barcodes and ISBNs, visit these articles: